Draft frameworks for monitoring television marketing and advertising to children of unhealthy food and drinks - Submission NOW OPEN
Alcohol Advertising: the effectiveness of current regulatory codes in addressing community concerns Issues Paper - UPDATE submissions received
Advocacy and Action in public health: Lessons from Australian over the 20th Century
This publication represents a ‘snapshot’ of the public health successes in Australia over the last century and was produced by the Public Health Information Development Unit (PHIDU) at The University of Adelaide, South Australia.
- Annual Report 2011-2012 (PDF 3832 KB) 16 October 2012
- Operational Plan 2012-2013 24 August 2012
- First Year Highlights Report 2011-2012 26 July 2012
- Stakeholder Engagement Strategy 6 July 2012
- Research Report to Inform Key Performance Indicators for the 2011-2015 Strategic Plan (PDF 393 KB) 27 March 2012
- Stakeholder Engagement Strategy Consultation Draft 27 February 2012
- Strategic Plan 2011-2015 24 August 2011
- Operational Plan 2011-2012 24 August 2011
- 50 years on: Gains and opportunities in tobacco control in Australia. Marking the 50th Anniversary of the Report of the Royal College of Physicians of London Smoking and Health 7 March 2012
- Report into the Tobacco Plain Packaging Bills 22 August 2011
- Submission to the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Health and Ageing inquiry into tobacco plain packaging 22 July 2011
- Alcohol Advertising: the effectiveness of current regulatory codes in addressing community concerns Issues Paper - UPDATE submissions received 29 April 2012
- Draft Report Exploring the Public Interest Case for a Minimum (floor) Price for Alcohol 1 November 2012
- OIL Note on International Trade Law Obligations Relevant to Minimum Alcohol Pricing 1 November 2012
- Exploring the Public Interest Case for a Minimum (Floor) Price for Alcohol - Submissions received 16 August 2012
- Australian National Preventive Health Agency (ANPHA) submission: The House of Representatives Standing Committee on Social Policy and Legal Affairs, Inquiry into Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) January 2012 24 February 2012
- Symposium on Social Marketing in Obesity: Report on Proceedings 9 February 2012
- Television marketing of unhealthy food and beverages to children in Australia: A review of published evidence from 2009
Preventive Health Research
- National Preventive Health Research Strategy (2012-2016) Consultation Draft - Invitation to comment 24 July 2012
- National Audit of the Preventative Health Workforce report 29 June 2012
- National Preventive Health Surveillance Forum Report on Proceedings 29 June 2012
- Interim National Preventive Health Research Strategy 20 December 2011
- ANPHA's Online Health Promotion Resource Survey July 2011 13 October 2011
National Preventative Health TaskforceThe National Preventative Health Strategy provides a blueprint for tackling the burden of chronic disease currently caused by obesity, tobacco, and excessive consumption of alcohol. It is directed at primary prevention and addresses all relevant arms of policy and all available points of leverage, in both the health and non-health sectors.
The Strategy comprises three parts: an overview; a roadmap for action; and technical papers focused on the three key areas - obesity, tobacco and alcohol.
- National Preventative Health Taskforce 2009, Australia: the healthiest country by 2020 - National Preventative Health Strategy: overview.
- National Preventative Health Taskforce 2009, Australia: the healthiest country by 2020: National Preventative Health Strategy – the roadmap for action.
- National Preventative Health Taskforce 2009, Australia: the healthiest country by 2020: technical paper 1: obesity in Australia: a need for urgent action (including addendum for October 2008 to June 2009).
- National Preventative Health Taskforce 2009, Australia: the healthiest country by 2020: technical paper 2: tobacco control in Australia: making smoking history, including addendum for October 2008 to June 2009.
- National Preventative Health Taskforce 2009, Australia: the healthiest country by 2020 - technical paper 3: preventing alcohol-related harm in Australia: a window of opportunity, including addendum for October 2008 to June 2009.
National Partnership Agreement on Preventive HealthCOAG agreed in November 2008 to a package of reforms aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of government services across Australia. The National Partnership Agreement on Preventive Health (NPAPH) was funded as part of the package to reform the health system in Australia.
Top of page
Page currency, Latest update: 16 October, 2012
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.