Draft Report Exploring the Public Interest Case for a Minimum (floor) Price for Alcohol
Promoting a Healthy Australia (The Australian National Preventive Health Agency) released its Draft Report on Exploring the Public Interest Case for a Minimum (floor) Price for Alcohol.
DRAFT REPORT Exploring the Public Interest Case for a Minimum (floor) Price for Alcohol 1 November 2012 pdf printable version (PDF 4831 KB)
Executive Summary - DRAFT REPORT Minimum (floor) Price for Alcohol pdf printable version (PDF 443 KB)
This Draft Report was published to enable stakeholders to input into the final advice on the public interest case for a minimum price for alcohol, as requested by the Commonwealth Government.
SubmissionsPlease note: The submission period is now closed.
All submissions are available below unless the Agency has been informed that the submission is confidential. Submissions will remain on the Agency’s website indefinitely. For submissions made by individuals, all personal details other than their name and the State or Territory in which they reside have been removed from the submission.
Where relevant, information contained within the submissions may be referred to in the final report.
1. Mr J Pettigrew (PDF 31 KB)
2. Mr Peter Thorn (PDF 38 KB)
3. Mr Bob Dove (PDF 41 KB)
4. Mr John Goldrick (PDF 41 KB)
5. Mrs Suzanne Goldrick (PDF 41 KB)
6. Ms Heidi Schum (PDF 25 KB)
7. Mr Ray Packard (PDF 29 KB)
8. Mr Kevin Scharenberg (PDF 34 KB)
9. Mr Keith Chester (PDF 173 KB)
10. Consumers Health Forum of Australia (PDF 432 KB)
11. Victorian Farmers Federation – Sunraysia Branch (PDF 763 KB)
12a. National Seniors Australia – Cover letter (PDF 196 KB)
12b. National Seniors Australia – Submission (PDF 692 KB)
14. People’s Alcohol Action Coalition (PDF 1727 KB)
15. Professor Martin Hagger (PDF 56 KB)
16. VicHealth (PDF 1056 KB)
17. Brewers Association of Australia & New Zealand Inc (PDF 461 KB)
18. Winemakers’ Federation of Australia (PDF 586 KB)
19. Australian Hotels Association (PDF 1221 KB)
20. The Scotch Whisky Association (UK) (PDF 84 KB)
22. Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (PDF 1387 KB)
23. McCusker Centre for Action on Alcohol and Youth (PDF 1698 KB)
24. Alcohol and other Drugs Council of Australia (PDF 2470 KB)
25. Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (PDF 586 KB)
26. National Alliance for Action on Alcohol (PDF 264 KB)
27. Alcohol Policy Coalition (PDF 596 KB)
28. Cancer Council Australia (PDF 743 KB)
29a. The Hon Jenny Macklin MP - Minister for Families, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs
29b. National Drug Research Institute Report: (PDF 7393 KB) A longitudinal study of influences on alcohol consumption and related harm in Central Australia: with a particular emphasis on the role of price
For more information please contact:
Phone: (02) 6289 2879
Page currency, Latest update: 03 January, 2013
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.